AAPEX Driving Academy Ltd.
Committed to protecting your privacy
Obtaining Consent from Customers.
Express consent is a specific authorization given by the customer or potential customer to Aapex Driving Academy, either orally or in writing. We obtain consent from customers for the collection, use, or disclosure of their personal information, except where the law provides an exemption.
Express written consent includes a client:
- Signing our Consent form (provided on our website), which includes a statement authorizing Aapex Driving Academy Ltd. to collect and use necessary personal information.
- It is important to note the disclaimer that student information will released to the Ministry of Transportation, the Insurance Bureau of Canada and the MTO course inspectors.
- Providing an authorization electronically (through a computer) authorizing Aapex Driving Academy to collect and use necessary personal information.
Express oral consent can be given in person or over the telephone. We will often seek express consent at the onset of a new business relationship. However, we may determine that by seeking service or products through Aapex Driving Academy Ltd., consent has been implied for us to collect, use and disclose personal information in a reasonable manner.
Subject to legal exceptions, consent may be withdrawn at any time. We generally require such withdrawal to be in writing. There may be serious consequences to failing to provide or withdrawing consent, such as Aapex Driving Academy inability to provide service.
Depending on whether a new purpose is identified during the course of dealing with a client's personal information, we may choose to seek a new consent. We do not consider a regular updating of information in a client's file to be a new purpose and, therefore, we will not seek a new consent for this purpose.
How We Use Collected Information
Aapex Driving Academy may collect and use customer or client's personal information to improve our products and services. This can be done electronically through our website or verbally to one of our representatives. We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Your Access to and Control over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
Sharing Your Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our website, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By submitting your personal information using this site or by providing information verbally to our agents, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not submit your information. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Aapex Driving Academy reserves the right to postpone or cancel in class or in car training lessons without notice (please see consent form).
- The course and all in car lessons must be completed within 1 full year from the start of the program. MTO rules stipulate that all applicants must be completed all training for paperless certification.
- Please note that all rights to any remaining instruction will be forfeited after one year.
- Students may cancel for a full refund within 48 hours of a scheduled in class or in car training lesson. If canceled with less than 48 hours applicants will be subject to a fee of $29 per session as outlined in our consent form (found on our website).
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or complaints about privacy and our handling of your personal information, please contact us at 1-866-249-1755, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us at:
Aapex Driving Academy Ltd
32 Cross St
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any complaints or disputes about privacy and the handling of your personal information and are happy to respond to your questions and comments.
If you have completed the above process and we have been unable to resolve your concern, you may file a complaint with the federal Privacy Commissioner of Canada or the appropriate provincial privacy officer. For more information, please go to www.priv.gc.ca.
Thank you for your confidence choosing Aapex Driving Academy Ltd. and making us Niagara's first choice for Driving Instruction.